What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, Identity number and contact numbers
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How we use Coockies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The web site is owned and managed by REMLAS duly incorporated in terms of the laws of Malawi. Certain information contained on the web site has been provided by third parties and is owned by those third parties.
REMLAS is the owner of the following domain name(s):
The information contained herein, including but not limited to, any information posted in any public area or chat room, may be amended, modified, updated, substituted, suspended or deleted at any time without notice.
The information may be downloaded to a local hard disk, printed or reproduced for – personal non-commercial use.
Provided that the source must be acknowledged where the information is used for personal non-commercial purposes.
The following uses of the information services are prohibited without prior express written permission from REMLAS:
1. Copying, distribution or display of the information beyond what may legally construed as personal non-commercial use
2. Publication, broadcasting or sale of the information
3. Use of the information in any manner which infringes any copyright or proprietary interests of REMLAS or any third parties
4. Systematic downloading of the information using automated data retrieval programs
5. Copying, incorporating or storing the information in another web site, an electronic retrieval system or other publication in any form, whether hard copy, electronic or otherwise and
6. Framing of the web site
The following uses are prohibited:
1. The sending or posting of any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane or pornographic.
You hereby indemnify REMLAS and hold it harmless against all loss, liability, damage or expense of whatsoever nature which REMLAS or any third party may suffer which arises out of or is in connection with, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website to send or post any such message or material.
Electronic communication and the Internet are inherently unstable and prone to interruptions and failure.
This website will be subject to both scheduled and ad hoc maintenance and updates which may lead to interruptions in the delivery of the content of the site.
REMLAS does not warrant, guarantee or represent that the information service will be provided uninterrupted, without failures or error-free.
Viruses and other harmful content
The threat of viruses and other harmful content is inherent to electronic communication. REMLAS does not warrant, guarantee or represent that the website or information is free of viruses or other harmful content. You must take the necessary precautions to protect yourself against viruses and other harmful content.
REMLAS is not responsible for any loss or damage however arising from the infection by viruses or other harmful content of your computer or computer systems, whether as a result of accessing, browsing or downloading the information or otherwise.
In the event of any virus or malicious code being detected on the web site the website, or parts thereof as need be, will be shut down until such time as the virus or malicious code has been eradicated and you shall have no claim against REMLAS as a result of such shutdown.
Links to third party web sites
The web site contains hypertext links to web sites maintained by individuals and organisations other than REMLAS.
Links are provided for convenience.
- Has no control over the third party web sites or their content
- Does not endorse or approve the content of third party web sites
- Makes no warranty or representation regarding the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, suitability; adequacy or any other aspect of the information contained on third party web sites
By accessing links to a third party web site, you:
- Do so at your own risk
- Undertake to comply with the terms and conditions of use of such web site
- Undertake to refrain from infringing the copyright and other intellectual property rights of third parties in respect of such web site
- Indemnify REMLAS and hold it harmless against all loss, liability, damage or expense of whatsoever nature arising out of or in connection with your accessing of such website
- No hyper-text links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express written permission of REMLAS
Accuracy, timeliness etc
Care has been taken to ensure that the information services are accurate and up to date. However, REMLAS does not guarantee accuracy, timeliness, completeness, suitability or adequacy of the information.
No representation or warranty is provided regarding the:
- or any other aspect of the information and/or content contained in the website and REMLAS shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website
No warranties of fitness for a particular purpose are provided. The information is provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranty of any kind.